Saturday, September 18, 2010

Blueberry Crisp

As a Maine-ah, it's important that I use my blueberries well....and often!! I have got a couple recipes that are truly near and dear to my heart. There is one blueberry dish that eludes me, however:
Blueberry Crisp
There is something about a crisp that defies any of my cooking abilities. But, lucky for me, the is someone in my family who makes the best darned crisp around. I invited her over to do some cooking lessons with my Munchkin, who is a fan of working in the kitchen. Now, I have to be honest here and say that I do have some ulterior motives for inquiring about cooking lessons for the munchkin. Not only do they bake the best dishes when they work in the kitchen....but we get to keep 'um!!!! He, he, he, he....
It was nice of my MIL to take pity on poor crisp-less Missy this time around and write down the recipe. :-) Here, in all it's splendor, is the recipe I've been dreaming of:

Mimi's Crisp
Ingredients:
Frozen blueberries
1 stick butter (room temp)
1 cup Oats (old fashioned)
 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup white flour
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp nutmeg

~Heat oven to 350.  Cover bottom of 8x11"pan with frozen blueberries, as many as you would like (at least an inch deep, would be good). Mix the spices in with the sugar and flour. Mix butter into that and then add the rest of dry ingredients. Make sure it is good and stirred and then plop and smooth over the blueberries. Bake, covered for 25 minutes, and then uncovered for another 25....or until brownish and crispy on top. 
This dish MUST be enjoy with some vanilla ice cream. Seriously, I insist. :-)

Enjoy!!
The Girl Creative Party Blog

The DIY Show Off
The Girl Creative
Sumo Sweet Stuff







HookingupwithHoH
giveaways
Beyond The Picket Fence


Get your craft on Thurs.

Katie's Nesting Spot





Punkin Seed Productions




12 comments:

  1. Oh my! This looks amazing! ...and it has wheat germ too ;) I usually only add it to pancakes, meatloaf, and banana bread so this is a great addition to my wheat germ recipes. What a treat to have fresh blueberries to go with!!

    Thanks for posting this recipe.

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy!

    Following from Mom Bloggers Club helping you get more followers - http://healthbeautychildrenandfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. I've got so many blueberries in the freezer it will come in very handy!! I like that the topping has oats and wheat germ in it - making a yummy treat good for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just copied and pasted this recipe...I hope I can try it tonight. Thank you for sharing it and I'm glad your MIL took pity on your crisp-less-ness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome! I love blueberry desserts!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right now, I have a hankering for a tall icy glass of milk and some blueberry crisp....this looks so luscious!!!

    Sheherazade is my link to Show n Tell...a doll I finished for the Halloween Season coming up. I do hope you can find time to visit with me! Have a super Friday, and a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I have everything needed to make this except for the wheat germ. Is it really necessary? Would love it if you'd come link this up at Foodie Friday.

    ~ The Speckled Dog
    http://thespeckleddog.blogspot.com/2010/09/foodie-friday-no-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I found your blog through The Girl Creative Party Blog.
    YUMMMYYYYYY! i love blueberries! I can't wait to try this!
    -Hannah @ Peggy Ann Design

    PS - Feel free to link your tutorials & recipes to my weekly Smarty Pants Blog Award - http://www.peggyanndesign.com/2010/09/smarty-pants-take-3-with-winners.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks and sounds delish. Thanks for linkin it up to my tasty tuesdays. Hope you'll come back again and share more of your yummy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are big into blueberries here in Michigan too. It's too late for the season this year but I'm always looking for new fail proof ways to use them. We always have a ton over the summer. Thanks for sharing on A Crafty Soiree! I hope you'll come back next week and link up again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks totally yummy! I featured your recipe on my Fab Friday Favorites this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like blueberries and so I might just make this.

    ReplyDelete

gimme dat comment.