Monday, September 20, 2010

Refinished Crib and Highchair


Isn't this a cute little metal crib and highchair. These pieces harken back to the days of the Korean war, Dwight Eisenhower, and the invention of the polio vaccine. Got any ideas on the decade I'm speaking of??
We got these from a family member who had used them well in her childhood and was glad to pass them along. Here's what they looked like before I took the Krylon to them. :-)
What a cute little baby lamb, huh?? I liked her but, I thought she was a little outdated. I pulled out the tarp, opened the doors in the barn, and went to town with some Krylon Ballet Slipper pink. It's such a nice soft color, the pictures don't even do it justice. 
I also made a crib mattress and pillow from some scraps. Gotta love my unorganized stash of extra materials!!
Of course, we had to make some pom poms too. Have you tried THIS tutorial from good ole' Martha Stewart??  Once you start, you can't stop. Seriously. My hands are cramped from the accordion folding. :-)
Here are the Blog Parties I linked up To (Check them out, you'll be inspired!!)

It's a Blog Party


The Girl Creative
The DIY Show Off






HookingupwithHoH

2 comments:

  1. What a treasure. I would be ecstatic if someone gave me something like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! Love the vintage lines. The pink is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

gimme dat comment.