Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Paper Twist Thanksgiving Craft

You know, I love Thanksgiving. I love the thought behind it, the gathering of friends and family, the delicious food, and the leftovers. But (you knew that was coming, right?), I'm not too hot on decorating for Thanksgiving. I just don't have the best ideas or the inspiration that I feel for other holidays. 
Recently, I was gifted with a horde or crafting leftovers (Thanks, Linda!!) , which included a large supply paper twist. I've never used it before, but I love the look of it. I was also gifted some paper twist doll making books...yay!! This pilgrim-ish doll above is my first attempt. Not too bad, if I do say so myself!! 
Yup, I think I'll be doing plenty more of this!!
This post was *featured* on Someday Crafts:









I've shared this post at these funky linky parties:
  Get Your Craft On

The Boardwalk Bragfest
All Thingz Related




Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties

 SPOTLIGHT YOURSELF
Show and Tell Green
http://www.thethriftyhome.com







NightOwlCrafting

IhookedupwithHoHlamespice
giveaways



Beyond The Picket Fence



Get your craft on Thurs.


Katie's Nesting Spot
Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom









Punkin Seed Productions



Fantabulous Friday!


Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

mmm button


Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

17 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love her, she is perfect for Thanksgiving decor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! you should do some male-folk, a whole colony. some natives, maybe some animals (turkey, obv.) very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Never knew what to do with those wrapped papers except make a bow! I am highlighting this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely excellent project. You have a gift of being to work with what you have on hand -- in fact I think it inspires you to thrive because this project is marvelous. thank you for sharing it on the Boardwalk Bragfest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not too bad??? Thats an understatement if I've ever heard one! This is fantastic, and so cute! Well done :) Visiting via Fireflies and Jellybeans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute!! Please stop by and link up the my Commercial Break Thursday linky list if you get a chance. http://suzysartsycraftsysitcom.blogspot.com/2010/11/commercial-break-thursday-promote.html

    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurray for thanksgiving decorations! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just darling! I remember 'back in the day' using the paper twist and I always loved the look. Now you have me wanting to search out the supplies again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! Makes me think of the corn husk dolls I made when I was little!! But yours is much cuter:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling! Thanks so much for planting your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin Seed Party!

    Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute doll. you did a great job. Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never used paper twist before, either. Judging by what you've done with it, though, I need to give it a try! This is amazing - and perfect for Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely adorable. And I agree with the others, she needs a whole colony to join her.

    I'd love to have you and your adorable pilgrim join my meme Seasonal Sundays. The link is open until late Monday night. Hope to see you!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is adorable. Hope you make more & post them so we can scope those out too!

    ReplyDelete

gimme dat comment.