Saturday, July 31, 2010

Rabbit Hutch

Isn't it just awesome what a little wood glue and some popsicle sticks can do?? Here's what I made last night. It's a little rabbit hutch for my Munchkins collection of plastic bunnies. It's the perfect place for a rabbit rendezvous.  I also made her a new lop eared bunny out of polymer clay (another medium I **love** to work with), paint, and a coating of Mod Podge for durability:
Aw. Isn't he just the sweetest? I'm not really tooting my own horn (that just doesn't sound appropriate to me) when I say he's the sweetest....I'm saying I love lop eared bunnies in any form!! Love them. 
Here are some of the lop's friends in the hutch. These guys, I did not make. I used some soft screening material to make this part of the hutch. The door also has a hinge on it, so you can swing it wide open and let the bunnies go crazy in the clover. 
Lop's pretty happy, I'd say. So is my Munchkin. :-)
Here are the parties I linked up to:
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up      party!











Punkin Seed Productions


































The DIY Show Off

The Girl Creative
Making
Sumo Sweet Stuff

All Thingz Related

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/











giveaways







Get your craft on Thurs.

Beyond The Picket Fence








Punkin Seed Productions


http://chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com/2010/08/flaunt-it-friday-19.html

Favorite%2BThings%2BFridaybig%2Bbutton.jpg




Photobucket

Making





Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties

The Girl Creative Party Blog

22 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! I had to look twice before I realized it wasn't a real floppy-eared bunny!

    Thanks for planting your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin Seed Party!

    Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. Great imagination in designing the rabbit hutch. You are very talented. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! I took me a moment to realise it was itty bitty! GREAT JOB! Came via SHOW AND TELL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was a real rabbit hutch from the pictures! lol I thought "wow, she made the wood look like popsicle sticks" lol

    That is very cute.....and you got me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute....love the little bunny ramp! I bet you do have a happy munchkin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a Toot Your Horn meme.
    (link is on my hops page)
    I think your project would be perfect for it. I love poly clay. Almost nothing you can not make from it. Such lucky bunnies to have their own hutch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it! What a cute idea. My daughters need something like this. :)

    Liz
    The Nifty Nest

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute, and it looks so real! My girls would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so cute! We are a rabbit family and our "Sparrow" has a cute rabbit hutch to live in. For a second there, I thought I was looking at a real hutch with a bunny in it!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cute cute. even though it is not live, you've created a live story. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once for school I made a wishing well out of tooth picks I glued together - - - does that count?

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a cute little guy! so glad you showed his new hutch off!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh....this is so darling and yet so fantasy like. I really love it.

    My Show n tell is "Troll Talk" if you'd like to click on the link and visit with me today

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute is that!!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally adorable! That's the kind of bunny I could handle right now--one that doesn't eat and doesn't have to be afraid of my ferret. I once had a rabbit and brought a new baby ferret home (my first) and the poor rabbit freaked out. They are natural enemies. Don't worry, Huey lived to be an old bunny and was well-protected. I'd love to have a bunny again but not until Rocky the Ferret is gone (he's an old boy). I love bunnies, especially the loppy-eared ones! (BTW, Huey was HUGE and used to chase my cat Nutmeg around the house. They would fall asleep together in the middle of the living room floor.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! That IS the most sweetest thing! Oh, it's just totally adorable and cute!!
    Best regards,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a neat idea. And....I thought it was a real rabbit hutch too for a minute! Till I noticed the flower to the left of it! Great job on this!

    Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how cute and creative! A perfect place for little bunny! Thanks for sharing at It's Party Time Thursday at PonyTails&FishScales!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute! So fun! I remember making fun stuff with Popsicle sticks! Nice to know we can still make stuff so cute out of them! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cool too! (I just checked out your bird cage project). You are giving me lots of good ideas so I'm following you now :)

    ReplyDelete

gimme dat comment.